For any building projects - a complete submittal will assist us in quickly processing your application.
- Proof of approved site plans, when applicable (building review can be done concurrently but will be placed on hold for approval until the site is approved)
- A complete digital permit application including square feet, number of stories, proposed occupancy classification, and construction type
- Scope of work and statement of use letter on letterhead (if available), signed and dated
- Plans/drawings - meeting the following minimum requirements:
- Job Name & Project Address on the plans
- Show a top view of the tenant location inside the building
- Overall area of the space shown; it must be scaled or show dimensions of each room
- Show all door, window and wall locations, as well as furniture layout, merchandise, shelving/fixtures for the tenant space
- Identify and label each room on the drawings
- Show exit signs including tactile exit signs, emergency light & fire extinguisher locations
- Key Plan (Show the proximity of the space in conjunction with building and/or property
- Georgia Accessibility Code features and details including - accessible route, turning radius, counter heights, reach range, and restroom features.
- Complete egress route to 10-feet away outside the building (Show how to access two exits)
State law requires an architect’s seal on any building more than 1 story or 5,000 square feet, assembly, education, health care, correction or detention, hotel, dormitory or lodging, multi-family housing or apartment complex, and care facilities. Non-structural design may be sealed by a registered interior designer.
Healthcare, ambulatory healthcare, jails, prisons, orphanages, nursing/convalescent homes, and buildings of State Universities and Colleges must be reviewed by the State Fire Marshal's Office of Fire Safety Engineering as well, and approval submitted in this application.